Superyacht Australia Chariman
Barry Jenkins is a professional marketing executive with a background in light engineering, hospitality, entertainment, merchant marine and event management.
With over thirty years’ experience in the recreational and light commercial marine industry, and fifteen years associated with the superyacht sector, he specialises in the coordination of boat shows and other event management activities.
He possesses expertise in analysing and developing marketing strategies and has excellent communication skills that drive successful events and is recognised for his ability to deliver successful marine events.
Starting the Sanctuary Cove International Boat Show in 1988 and remaining General Manager for 23 years Barry Jenkins is now engaged as a consultant to that organisation. From 2004 through 2008 he also managed the Sanctuary Cove Marina, 300 berths catering for vessels from 9 meters through 45 meters.
He has consulted to GnA International – Secretariat of Yacht & Boat Korea and the management of Korea International Boat Show.
Executive positions as industry representative:
• Director of Australian International Marine Export Group (AIMEX).
• Chairman of Superyacht Australia
• Founding Director (1998) and Chairman of Super Yacht Base Australia (SYBA) which changed its name to Superyacht Australia and is now a division of AIMEX.
• Past President and Life Member of Marine Queensland, Australia.
• Past Director of BIAA Boating Industry Alliance of Australia.
• Past President of Australian Marine Industry Federation (AMIF).
• Representing the six Australian state Boating Industry Associations
Hear Barry speak at the Marine Connections event on 13 April at Southport Yacht Club.
TRADE 2018 WAS A GREAT SUCCESS
Thank you to all VIPs, presenters, delegates and guests for participating in the Games Time Trade & Investment Program in April 2018.
To continue exploring trade and investment opportunities in Queensland, please visit Trade2018.com or contact the team via firstname.lastname@example.org.