** Registrations are now closed **
This site visit program will explore the range of capabilities and opportunities available in and around Greater Brisbane, with a particular focus on the Trade 2018 priority sectors of Health and Knowledge, International Education and Training and Food and Agribusiness.
Located in Queensland’s south-east corner, Brisbane enjoys a prime position on Australia’s eastern seaboard. A globally connected city and the economic centre of South East Queensland, Brisbane is Australia’s closest eastern capital to Asia and a strategic location for business.
The continued internationalisation of the Brisbane economy, combined with a local pool of talent and a collaborative business culture, provides a strong, competitive environment for Brisbane’s economy to continue to thrive.
Monday 9 April
• Start the day with an insight into the state of the Queensland Economy from experts within the Queensland Treasury.
• Move to the Queensland University of Technology to explore how collaboration and innovation are the success factors behind their Centre for Tropical Crops, the Cube project and QUT Bluebox.
• Take a working lunch at Wandering Cooks, Brisbane’s first incubator for food entrepreneurs.
• Explore Brisbane City Council’s innovation hub, ‘The Capital’.
• Tour River City Labs one of Brisbane’s leading accelerator spaces for early-stage and startup businesses.
Tuesday 10 April
• Begin the day in Ipswich at Firestation 101, an innovation hub that helps startups, entrepreneurs and innovators rapidly create and grow their business.
• Move onto Springfield, the largest master planned city in Australia outside of Canberra, renowned as a base for initiative and innovation, built on health, education and technology.
• The program will culminate in a visit to Redlands to explore the collaborative relationships that will help to deliver the Redlands Health and Wellness Precinct, the Redlands Aquatics and Emergency Precinct and the Toondah Harbour Priority Development Area. Ending the day at the famous Siromet Winery to discover their own state of the art approach to viniculture.
TRADE 2018 WAS A GREAT SUCCESS
Thank you to all VIPs, presenters, delegates and guests for participating in the Games Time Trade & Investment Program in April 2018.
To continue exploring trade and investment opportunities in Queensland, please visit Trade2018.com or contact the team via email@example.com.