The Commonwealth – Business Advantages and Opportunities (Allocation Exhausted)
09:00 AM -
Kurrawa Park, Broadbeach
Gold Coast, Queensland
** Allocation Exhausted **
Coinciding with the Opening Ceremony of the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games, The Commonwealth – Business Advantages and Opportunities event is the lead event for the Trade 2018 Games Time Trade and Investment Program.
Hosted by the Queensland Government and the City of Gold Coast, this high-level forum will bring together Commonwealth heads of government and top business leaders and investors from around the globe to showcase new trade and investment opportunities to the global business community.
• Sessions will explore the Commonwealth advantages for business and the key opportunities and challenges through case study presentations from leading businesses followed by a moderated panel discussion and Q&A.
• This event will feature prominent thought leaders from the public and private sectors who will discuss what the Commonwealth means to them and their organisation, and share their insights on how you can take advantage of doing business in the Commonwealth.
This event will be comprised of the following sessions:
Commonwealth Keynote Address
Daniel Franklin, Executive Editor of The Economist and Editor of The World In will give the keynote address.
Current State of Play Panel Discussion and Q&A
An open and engaging discussion on the Commonwealth and the current challenges faced by businesses. The panel will explore what the Commonwealth means to business, and what the Commonwealth advantage is.
Speakers on this panel will include Daniel Franklin, Executive Editor of the Economist and the Right Honourable Jonathan Peter Marland – Chairman of the Commonwealth Enterprise and Investment Council. Additional speakers will be announced soon.
Enhancing the Commonwealth Advantage for Business Panel Discussion and Q&A
This session will feature case study presentations from leading businesses and will be followed by a panel discussion and Q&A. The panel will explore how businesses can contribute to a stronger Commonwealth and global economy, and what the key challenges are when it comes to working across the Commonwealth.
Speakers on this panel will include Daniel Flynn, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Thankyou and Adam McArthur, Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of Literacy Planet. Additional speakers will be announced soon.
The Right Honourable Patricia Scotland QC, Commonwealth Secretary-General will provide closing remarks.
Business Networking Lunch
A business networking lunch will conclude the event – providing an opportunity for delegates to meet with business leaders and government officials before the Games begin, and strengthen and build relationships across the Commonwealth.
Who should attend?
• Senior representatives from Commonwealth organisations
• Business leaders from across the Commonwealth (including investors and economists)
• CommonwealthFirst Export Champions and delegates
• Local business leaders
• Commonwealth Ministers and other dignitaries
Register Your Interest
If you are interested in attending events from the Games Time Trade & Investment Program, please register your interest via the link below.